As more winter holidays approach, here's a few reminders of items to take photos of to document your life around the holidays. With Thanksgiving next week, that is my focus in this post.
Here's what might be on your list of photos:
* grocery shopping - either in the store or a photo of the bags of groceries sitting on your counter at home
* the cooking process showing you and your helpers preparing the food for your meal
* any special handmade table decorations that your child made or any that you made as a family
* the table decorations and settings before anyone sits down at the table
* the food you prepared for your meal
* at the table(s) with guests seated, ready to dig in
* separate family photos and/or photos with friends
* family traditions that occur on Thanksgiving
* after the meal, whatever the activities are such as watching football, napping, playing games, the clean-up, etc
You might also want to document special recipes you used, so copy those and your menu to include on Thanksgiving layouts.
Watch for my new kit coming out tomorrow that you can use for your Thanksgiving layouts. It is called "Coming Home". This weekend, I will show you a couple of pages that I made with that kit using my Thanksgiving photos from last year.